Modify Header to Increase Inbox Rate

Forum to discuss Installation and Configuration Issues

Re: Modify Header to Increase Inbox Rate

Postby Osensnolf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Correct - this is for sending emails from your own server or clusters and not a third-party SMTP.
Osensnolf

Postby Osensnolf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm bringing this back to life and give an update.

Basically, anyone who uses Interspire has a footprint that is associated with large amounts of spam. This includes the line X-Mailer-RecptId. (Google it and you will see that it is always tied to spam which is why it hurts the rest of us.)

I've started testing some SMTP providers as well as having a test email go to SendForensics.com. SendForensics gives you a lot of details about your email that Mail-Tester and SpamAssassin do not. It mentioned that ISP's are flagging against me because X-Mailer-RecptId: appears in the header. The header line doesn't go away when using SMTP or private server.

A previous user mentioned that you can rename it and other header fields that only relate to Interspire but it will break it. That is true, but if you change it across the board, it should work - correct?

Maborak understands the problem and mentions the solution in a previous post and that he will work on this but nothing has happened.

I'd be open to paying someone to develop a guide that says, "Go to this file and edit this line and then go to the database and rename X-Mailer-RecptId to ABC".
Osensnolf

Postby mmm » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:00 am

Osensnolf wrote:I'm bringing this back to life and give an update.

Basically, anyone who uses Interspire has a footprint that is associated with large amounts of spam. This includes the line X-Mailer-RecptId. (Google it and you will see that it is always tied to spam which is why it hurts the rest of us.)

I've started testing some SMTP providers as well as having a test email go to SendForensics.com. SendForensics gives you a lot of details about your email that Mail-Tester and SpamAssassin do not. It mentioned that ISP's are flagging against me because X-Mailer-RecptId: appears in the header. The header line doesn't go away when using SMTP or private server.

A previous user mentioned that you can rename it and other header fields that only relate to Interspire but it will break it. That is true, but if you change it across the board, it should work - correct?

Maborak understands the problem and mentions the solution in a previous post and that he will work on this but nothing has happened.

I'd be open to paying someone to develop a guide that says, "Go to this file and edit this line and then go to the database and rename X-Mailer-RecptId to ABC".

Can you post a screenshot of your sendforensics result so to allow for better understanding?
mmm

Postby mmm » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

mmm wrote:
Osensnolf wrote:I'm bringing this back to life and give an update.

Can you post a screenshot of your sendforensics result so to allow for better understanding?

As it is, Interspire Email Marketer needs these headers e.g.
for subscription/bounce mgmt and stats.

Removing those variables is not an option unless you want
reduced functionality (e.g. broken system w/o bounce processing or w/o stats, etc).

A real solution might be to !individually! rename/recode
your own version (so it will be unique), ie unlike any other Interspire Email Marketer.
However, this might not work, unless it is consistent across all Interspire Email Marketer
and all addons (incl the encrypted ones) if they need those headers.

If one could reprogram a few parts of Interspire Email Marketer, then the combination
(still with unique parts) of (some or all, as needed):
Message-ID:
X-Mailer-LID:
X-Mailer-RecptId:
X-Mailer-SID:
X-Mailer-Sent-By:
x-job:
might actually bring the desired effect, as a long unique string
would be in the header (kinda better) MessageID, as most mailers have,
and yet you could extract all the other (there encoded) uniquely IDing
parts (all the other "x-" headers), as the program does not care if it
extracts it from each of them or from a longer string. In fact, it
might get even faster, as it looks always into one field/variable :)

So, as it stands, there is no easy way to fix this within Interspire Email Marketer.

You could try using an extra script (not needing above mentioned variables)
for bounce processing (as it was posted on the forum).

But my hunch is, that filters really look at the combination of all message
or mailing related variables, and if rDNS, SPF, DKIM, message content,
formatting, links, permission, IP reputation, etc are OK, it inboxes fine.
mmm

Postby Osensnolf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Maborak - Can you post an update on this. What is required for this to work with addons and across the whole Interspire Email Marketer install?
Osensnolf

Postby mmm » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:56 am

Osensnolf wrote:I have tested messages that have a 10/10 with MailTester and they still go into Junk folder. MailTester is a good baseline but so far I have never seen it as an exact estimation of where the message will land in the mail.

Have you tested that and used
a 3rd party smtp auth
and
from clean IPs or better yet, specifically whitelisted IPs (that's like extra waxing), or even better, additionally industry certified IP block?
mmm

Previous

Return to Installation and Configuration