Retreive IP Reputation for new IP's

Forum to discuss Features/Usage/Bugs of Multiple MTA Addon

Retreive IP Reputation for new IP's

Postby Osensnolf » Mon May 09, 2016 3:28 pm

I have several new clusters that Maborak installed for me but he forgot to do the extra step that would cause the reputation for the new IP's to show.

I opened SSH and ran the commands...
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
and
/usr/local/bin/php /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
(per my best understanding of the instructions at the bottom)

This is the error message I receive for the first command.

/$ /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 2: //: is a directory
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 3: `// | AUTHOR: Maborak Technologies <[email protected]>

Since I already have IP monitoring working on other clusters, is there any need to create new crons as mentioned below?

Instructions from Maborak.com
Reputation/Blacklist IP Monitoring
The IP Monitor feature requires extra configuration:

Fetch RBL and Reputation query list

/usr/local/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard

You need to run this command only one time.
Cron Job entry

0 0 * * * /usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard
0 0 * * * /usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard --type=blacklist
0 0 * * * /usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard --type=whitelist

This Cron Job entry will check the IP Reputation and Blacklist each day at the morning.
Osensnolf

Re: Retreive IP Reputation for new IP's

Postby mmm » Mon May 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Osensnolf wrote:I have several new clusters that Maborak installed for me but he forgot to do the extra step that would cause the reputation for the new IP's to show.

I opened SSH and ran the commands...
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
and
/usr/local/bin/php /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
(per my best understanding of the instructions at the bottom)

This is the error message I receive for the first command.

/$ /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 2: //: is a directory
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php: line 3: `// | AUTHOR: Maborak Technologies <[email protected]>

Since I already have IP monitoring working on other clusters, is there any need to create new crons as mentioned below?

Instructions from Maborak.com
Reputation/Blacklist IP Monitoring
The IP Monitor feature requires extra configuration:

Fetch RBL and Reputation query list

/usr/local/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard

You need to run this command only one time.
Cron Job entry

0 0 * * * /usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard
0 0 * * * /usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard --type=blacklist
0 0 * * * /usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard --type=whitelist

This Cron Job entry will check the IP Reputation and Blacklist each day at the morning.

The lines starting with
/var....are not commands, but file locations
the crons contain commands, after the timing info:
/usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard
/usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard --type=blacklist
/usr/loca/bin/php /path/to/Interspire Email Marketer/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --check-ipguard --type=whitelist

what do you get when you run
?
mmm

Postby Osensnolf » Wed May 11, 2016 4:23 pm

When I run the command above that you mentioned, I receive the following error.

/$ /usr/local/bin/php /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
-bash: line 7: /usr/local/bin/php: No such file or directory
Osensnolf

Postby mmm » Thu May 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Osensnolf wrote:When I run the command above that you mentioned, I receive the following error.

/$ /usr/local/bin/php /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/media/admin/addons/mta/api/cli.php --populate-ipguard
-bash: line 7: /usr/local/bin/php: No such file or directory

run
whereis php-cli

then use that location for executing the command
mmm

Postby Osensnolf » Mon May 16, 2016 5:21 pm

This is what I received.

/$ whereis php-cli
php-cli:

Too bad I do not get a message when you reply.
Osensnolf

Return to Multiple MTA with IP Monitor