Max Multithreads

Forum to discuss Optimizations and Implementation of threads connections for SMTP

Max Multithreads

Postby sendmedia » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi,

When im in SSH and i rebuild a email campaign by changing the threads to 75 and then i view the status of the threads, i can see theres only a max of 45 threads.

Why will it not do more than 45 threads?

I've checked my CPU and at the current 45 and the Server load is 0.13 (8 CPUs) and the memory is 57% used. How can i do it so there more threads since it only does 45 even though when i rebuild i set it to 75?

PS: i have the server being upgraded with more ram so the % of ram used will be lower .
sendmedia

Re: Max Multithreads

Postby sendmedia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Ok found the problem.

When i started to send a new email campaign out i rebuilt it and set the threads to 70, that worked and when i viewed the status in SSL it showed the 70 threads. Its sent 196487 out of the 300000 emails and i noticed emails being sent was slowing down, i did a status and its now only using 41 threads. So i paused the campaign and again in ssl i rebuilt the campaign and set it to 70, went to view the status again and still showing only 41 threads.

No matter what it wont do more than 41 threads for some reason. This happened yesterday too when i first reported the issue.

Why can i not increase the threads when it was perfectly working before and why has the threads gone down?

Please help me as now im limited on the number of emails i can send an hour.
sendmedia

Postby MaBoRaK » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello hello, how many is your Queue size?

connection closed.
CEO in Maborak Technologies and Interspire Addons Developer
MaBoRaK
Site Admin

Postby sendmedia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi,

Do you mean how many email campaigns was being sent out? if so then just the 1, i do have 1 paused though. But when the campaign was running it had 70 threads and then all of a sudden it changed to 40 after it sent half of the emails out. The paused email campaign was still paused all the time.

Thanks
sendmedia

Return to Multithreading